Running Blackboard Learn 9.1 (LMS) on AWS
Server Model:Dedicated Application/Collaboration and Oracle Database servers
- Instance Type:c3.xlarge (Redhat Linux Enterprise Server 6.6 x64)
- 10G Root (snapshot: snap-553e3194)
- 100G Data (gp2)
- swapfile on the local SD partitions (40g total, but, not fully used)
- Oct 2014: Finalize the funding and SLA (CGE & TILT)
- Nov. 3 ~ 14, 2014: AWS System Preparation and Blackboard Setup (TILT)
- Nov. 17, 2014:
- Course creation and ready for faculty access - course building. (TILT)
- Notify instructors on the availability of Winter Blackboard and Service level. (CGE)
- Course Copy support: requests to CGE and implemented by TILT until Dec. 18
- Week of Dec 22 ~ 24: Student Roster Loading (TILT)
Last day of student registration by 12/23/2014 CoB.
- Dec 27: Manually Roster Update (CGE / FACULTY)
- Holidays: Bb Server and Access Support coverage and Student Accounts (TILT - TBD)
- Jan 23: Last Day of Bb Winter Intersession access for ALL students and faculty. Faculty complete exporting Gradebooks and Course Archives. (Coordinate by CGE and supported by TILT)
- Jan 30: Stop AWS instance and purge all Content (TILT will provide CGE a backup of ALL course archives)
A *Standard* Blackboard environment will be provided with the same Blackboard version of the current semester. i.e. Blackboard 9.1 SP13 for Winter 2015. The Standard Blackboard Environment includes all the Blackboard Learn modules, but, not including other 3rd party or enhanced features, i.e. Blackboard Mobile, Blackboard Collaborate, and TurnItIn.com.
- TILT will coordinate with Amazon AWS on the hosting service support.
- TILT will coordinate with Campus Technology Services on LDAP integration if required
- TILT will establish and maintain the Application (Blackboard) and Database (Oracle) systems
- TILT will be available during the campus closure.
- Course Management: Shells will be managed by TILT through manual batch creation and archive procedures.
- Rosters will be initially managed by TILT through manual batch creation and archive processes during the regular semester work schedule; To be determined -- during the campus closures, CGE staff will be trained and given the ability to manage enrollments.
- Instructional Design assistance will only be available during the regular support schedule.
- Student support during the campus close will be provided by TBD.
- Blackboard and Oracle Installation and upgrade - 3 Tech Days
- Winter/Summer Intersession Prep. (course creation and initial roster upload) - 2 Tech Days
- Campus Closure Support - Dec. 27 - Jan 2nd - TILT:
- Tech Support
- Tech Support
- No Instructional Design and Resource Center Support
- Winter/Summer Intersession Wrap Up including Course Archives - 3 Tech Days